Saturday night special... FIGS! Just 5 ingredients to making this very special dessert. * Rich in minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and copper these beauties are a good source of antioxidant vitamins A, E & K - Plus they are delicious. They are at their peak season right now & last night we roasted them up for an amazing healthy dessert!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 x Figs
- 1 x tsp Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1 x Tsp Honey
- 4 x Tbsp Natural Greek Yoghurt
- 2 x tsp Honey
- Half tsp Cinnamon
- Combine Yoghurt, Honey & Cinnamon, mix well. Set aside.
- Slice Figs open from the top, using an X pattern - careful not to reach the bottom. Squeeze them at the bottom so they 'flower' & place in a lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar (optional) & drizzle with Honey.
- Bake at 200 C for 15 min or until the juices start to come out.
- Remove from oven. Top with Yoghurt, drizzle over juices. Add sliced strawberries & crushed nuts if desired.
- Eat, ENJOY!!! xx