Roasted pumpkin soup is one of those family favourites you know everyone will enjoy. Easy & delicious, perfect to keep you satisfied on those cold winter nights.
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 x cups diced Pumpkin (Butternut or Kent)
- 2 x Brown Onions cut into quarters (skin off)
- 3 x cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbs honey
- Sour cream & Chives to serve.
- Add pumpkin and onions to a baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season w salt and pepper. Bake at 220C until soft.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a large pot.
- Add stock, mustard and honey.
- Using a hand mixer, blitz until smooth.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 min.
- Remove from heat, check consistency and blitz again if required.
- Adjust seasoning adding salt & pepper if required.
- Serve with a drizzle of sour cream and sprinkled with chives + some crusty bread.
Each pumpkin has a slightly different cooking time. When baking, just ensure the pumpkin & onions are cooked through and soft 🙂